Thursday, November 8, 2007

Sleep Makes Me a New Woman

Sleep
I woke up feeling refreshed and ready for the day. What happened? I hadn't felt that good in the morning in a long time. Ah! There were no children in my bed! The girls didn't wake up at all during the night! Maya didn't crawl into our bed at 3 a.m.! All four of us woke up happy and rested. How wonderful!

Water
I drank at least 8 cups of water throughout the day.

Eating
Despite Nick going to the grocery store last night, I didn't eat well today. I started off well enough with oatmeal with raisins and coffee. Lunch was at La Pinata: half a big, chicken burrito. Not bad, but it lacked fruit. The problem was that I also finished of Maya & Zoe's quesadilla, a large tortilla with cheese, folded in half, and I ate half of it! Then I was stuffed. Despite that, later in the afternoon, I finished off my burrito and was stuffed again! Then I had dinner, chicken-mozarella raviolis with sauce and a big spinach salad with raisins, almonds and dressing and a beer. After that I was once again stuffed and uncomfortable! Looking at my SWEET Life chart, I crossed out the amounts pretty well, just a bit lacking in dairy products, but I over-ate, and I've felt uncomfortably stuffed for much of the day.

Exercise
Thursday is my quick and dirty strength training day, so I did my exercises for each major muscle group while watching the news. Maya came in near the end and asked what I was doing with her soccer ball. Since it's a new month, I was trying some new ab exercises (I try to change them every month), which involved a medicine ball, which I don't have, so I used her soccer ball instead. One was to balance on your butt and pass the ball over and under each leg. You get so involved in passing the ball that you forget how much it's working your abs! The other one was to balance on your butt, hold the ball with both hands, and tap it to one side and the other to work your obliques. They are good ones!

Tranquility
After a very busy morning, my girls and I finally had our "quiet time" at 2:30. Surprisingly, I fell asleep, despite having slept so well last night, but after my little nap, I had my tranquility time to get a few things done for myself.

How do I feel?
I feel bloated and uncomfortable. I'm surprisingly awake for 10:30 p.m. on a Thursday, but I need to get to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment