Saturday, November 10, 2007

Ah, the Weekend!

Sleep

Since I get up at 6 a.m. all week, I really look forward to staying up late and sleeping in on the weekends. So, yes, I got 8 hr sleep last night. Of course, it wasn't without interruptions. Zoe woke up screaming, so Nick brought her into bed with us. Later, Maya came into our room and wanted to join us, but the bed just isn't big enough for all four of us. It's better if I take her back to her room and sleep with her in her bed.

Water

Yes, I drank enough water today.

Eating

I definitely didn't eat enough vegies today, but I did eat a good variety of grains, protein, dairy and fruit. Hmm, almost makes me want to go eat some salad right now . . .

Exercise

My goal is to exercise every week day. If I do, then I look forward to not exercising on the weekends. So, no, I did not exercise today. It was rainy and I hardly left the house.

Tranquility

My tranquility came today in the form of planning for Thanksgiving. We are hosting the family, and I enjoyed pouring over recipes, and figuring out some technicalities of the preparation process: Which recipes can I prepare ahead of time? How long does each recipe take to cook? What method of cooking does each require (i.e., oven, stove, etc.)? How much involvement is there (for example, a turkey takes a long time, but there's little involvement from me)? What type of serving dish/utensil will I need? I also figured out the shopping/preparation/cooking timeline for the few days leading up to and including Thanksgiving. Now, I'm really looking forward to it!

How do I feel?

I feel good having gotten Thanksgiving planned. I still have to make my grocery list, but I have to do that anyway for next week's meals, tomorrow.

Reviewing the past week's SWEET Life Cycle, my results are:
  • Sleep - 4 out of 7 days
  • Water - 6 out of 7 days
  • Eating - 4 out of 7 days (if I do go and eat some salad right now)
  • Exercise - 5 out of 7 days
  • Tranquility - 7 out of 7 days
My goal is 5-6 days per week, so it's disappointing to see that I only slept and ate well 4 days in the past week. Those 2 categories are always the hardest for me. I'll need to focus on them more next week. Tomorrow, I'll definitely plan for next week's dinners, make a grocery list and shop, which will help me eat better all week. Gotta get to bed earlier during the week in order to get enough sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment