Monday, November 12, 2007

By Planning Ahead I Eat Better All Week

Sleep
Sleep continues to elude me, despite my best efforts. I went to bed at 10:00, but didn't fall asleep until after 11:00. Zoe woke me up at 3:30 and I didn't get back to sleep until 4:00. It was hard to get up at 6:00, even though I'd given myself 8 full hours to sleep! It's very frustrating because it's out of my control.

Water
I'm back to the 2 qt. pitcher of water. It helps me to have a physical reminder of how much I need to drink. Then, I'm more certain to drink it all.

Eating
For the first time in a couple weeks, I made up weekly dinner menus, and it really makes a positive difference. I feel less stress about what we are going to eat all week. I don't have to ask myself, every late afternoon, what we are going to have for dinner. I just look at the schedule. I just need to remember to defrost things, if necessary. Last night, because of my planning, I used up old produce before it went bad, and today, I went to the store to buy fresh stuff to eat the rest of the week (along with some Thanksgiving non-perishables). Cooking Sunday, Tuesday & Thursday works the best for me. I cook enough so that my family can have leftovers on the nights that I work (Monday & Wednesday), and I just plan to have quick, heat & eat meals the other couple days, which might end up getting replaced by eating out or with friends at the last minute.

Exercise
I ran my usual trek down the beach and back, 4 miles, and I did my ab exercises.

Tranquility
I experimented with a Thanksgiving idea today: I wanted to make individual, edible cornucopias. I tried to make them out of breadstick dough, wrapped around a cone of aluminum foil. It was really fun and ended up being a success! I’ll repeat them on Turkey Day, filled with a colorful, fall salad.

How do I feel?
I feel happy about my menu planning, grocery shopping ahead of time for some Thanksgiving staples, and cornucopia experimentation. However, I’m tired of not sleeping well.

No comments:

Post a Comment