Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Monthly Review of November

I totaled up my SWEET Life for the month of November. Below are some of the details.

Sleep
I don't sleep well; I haven't slept well; I need to sleep well! Last month I only slept well (7-8 hours) 18 out of 28 nights! (There were a couple days when I didn't keep track.) I didn't realize how inconsistently I slept until I tallied it all up! The main problems are that I stay up too late and wake up early to exercise. I'm interrupted by my kids during the night, but how much that prevents me from sleeping varies. Sometimes the interruption is so brief that it doesn't really affect my sleep, but I seem to remember many times last month when I couldn't fall back asleep after being woken up during the night. It's a really difficult tug-of-war between going to bed at 10:00 and getting a few little things done before bed a little later.

Water
I generally drink plenty of water. Some days I don't fill my pitcher and drink it all, but I think about how often I filled a glass and drank it, and then I guess if it was enough.

Eating
Like water, I often guess how well I ate throughout the day, rather than keep track. I know that I generally eat healthy and don't eat junk food, but I think I probably need to eat more veggies.

Exercise
I had a good exercise plan going: running M, W, F and toning Tu, Th. The problem is that lately I've burned out. The early morning darkness and cold don't help. I need a new exercise plan, but I don't have it yet. I know I could go to the gym, but that seems like so much more hassle than just running out my door or toning in my family room. This is definitely an area where I've seen surprising improvement over the past few months, so I can't let it fall by the wayside now, even though there are no physical improvements I want to make to my body.

Tranquility
I often get tranquility during the day. My girls have been napping consistently during the week, and the weekends my husband is home, so I have time to myself. This is an area that has definitely improved in recent months. I used to really have to make the time for relaxation; but now it's pretty much built into my day.

How do I feel?
I'm just starting to get sick, a little sore throat, so I'm impressed that I've felt fine today, despite feeling run down this morning. However, I did not have a very SWEET Life today. I stayed up a little too late watching a TV show with my husband, even though I wanted to go to sleep, so I don't think I got quite enough sleep. I didn't pay attention to my water-consumption. I ate pretty well; going to Costco to stock up helps. I didn't exercise (and haven't since Saturday) because my throat was sore. And I didn't get any tranquility today because I've been busy all day. So now (10:00 p.m.) is the first time I've had to sit down and relax. I think I'm going to fall asleep very quickly tonight. I don't expect to feel better tomorrow, considering the day I had today (i.e., no chance to take care of my impending disease).

No comments:

Post a Comment