Friday, December 14, 2007

Pre-Weekend Trip

Sleep
I think I've generally been sleeping better since I stopped trying to get myself up early to exercise. That's important because I'd consistently been cutting myself a bit short on sleep. Last night, however, I didn't get quite enough sleep because I had to get up early to finish preparing for a weekend trip. We'll see what happens this weekend on our trip; we'll be sleeping in a hotel, so who knows how well the girls will sleep. . .

Water
Today starts a weekend road trip, and I typically don't drink enough when I travel. In the car I get thirsty but don't want to drink in order to avoid too many pit stops. In So. Cal. the weather is always dry, so I tend to feel dried out.

Eating
All I can say is that I haven't been keeping very good track of my eating lately. I generally eat healthy, but I don't know if I've eaten well-balanced meals. On road trips we go to fast food; it's just about the only time I eat it, so that makes a few times a year. Because it's so rare, I look forward to it, even though afterward, it feels like a rock sitting in my stomach for the rest of the drive.

Exercise
I have not yet been very consistent about exercising while the girls are napping; I did it once this week. However, I did manage to exercise Tues. (toning), Wed. (cardio), Thurs. (stroller walk). The plan for this evening is to take a walk after our long drive down south. That always feels good after so much sitting.

Tranquility
In the past couple days I didn't get enough relaxation time because Wed. Maya didn't nap, and yesterday I was so busy preparing for the trip, that it wasn't very relaxing. I'm looking forward to our trip with family and friends. I should get a lot of tranquility this weekend.

How do I feel?
I feel ready for this trip. I've been experimenting with different ways of keeping track of my SWEET Life Cycle (i.e., success in each category over time), and I haven't been happy with the ways I've been trying, which is part of the reason why I haven't kept good track of my SWEET Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment