Monday, September 7, 2009

Restarting the SWEET Life

I haven't posted in a few months. My last goal was in May: to get my GO Fitness! class going, which I did. It's been going, monthly, since June 1.

I decided to start tracking living the SWEET Life again. Once it becomes habit, I don't need to keep track of it, but lately I've felt like I'm not living the SWEET Life.

SLEEP: I certainly don't sleep enough, and I don't track it. This will be a major focus because I know I often need afternoon naps or fall asleep putting the kids to bed.
WATER: I don't think I've been drinking enough water, but I feel so much better when I do. I filled up my pitcher with 64 oz. and am determined to finish it today.
EATING: I think I've been eating too much and not enough variety to get all the nutrients I need. This is another major point of focus. I'm also guilty of finishing off my kids' plates, which adds those extra calories my body doesn't need. I will stop being the garbage disposer!
EXERCISE: Teaching 5 fitness classes/week, this is the easiest part for me. However, sometimes I feel I need a good cardio-endurance bout, which I don't get in the classes I teach. I went for a nice walk with a group of friends this morning along the beach. It was so beautiful out!
TRANQUILITY: I haven't felt really stressed lately, so I think I'm getting enough tranquility to keep my stress level low.

So the 2 main things to improve are Sleep and Eating. Really, most people only need to focus on improving in 2 areas. O.k., let's see how the rest of the month goes . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment