Friday, September 11, 2009

Days 3-5 of living the SWEET Life

The past couple days, I've hardly been at the computer at all. However, keeping this daily-ish blog helps me face my SWEET Life and whether or not I'm living it.

SLEEP: I've been sleeping enough about every other night, 3 out of 5 nights so far.

WATER: Tues, Wed, Thurs, I didn't drink nearly enough water. I was out of the house a lot, which makes it more difficult. Today I've drunk a lot; in fact, I'm finished and it's only 4:30 pm!

EATING: The past few days, I've eaten less, but I haven't really tracked which food groups I'm eating from. I've been focusing on eating a better variety of foods, but, like with Water, when I'm out of the house a lot, it's difficult to keep track throughout the day.

EXERCISE: Wednesday I taught GO Fitness! Thursday is my day off of exercise. Today I taught GO Fitness! and Aqua Aerobics. I also swam a few laps (4) before class, just to stretch out and glide through the water. I love the feeling of flying that you get from swimming. Swimming laps is different from doing Aqua Aerobics or "swimming" with my kids. There's more movement, and it's smooth and horizontal.

TRANQUILITY: Haven't gotten much Tranquility lately. :-( Wednesday I was switching off kids all day: hanging with Zoe while Maya was in school. Hanging with Maya while Zoe was playing with Grandma. Hanging with Zoe while Maya had dance class. Hanging with Maya while Zoe had dance & tumbling classes. It's great to have one-on-one time with each kid, but I need some one-on-one time with myself, as well. Last night I went to the Airport Area Business Association's 40th anniversary celebration with Mary Grace. That was a lot of fun, and Tranquil. Today, my kids are swimming all afternoon with their friend Aya, so I have several hours alone in the house to catch up, and be Tranquil. :-)

Today, so far, I've lived the SW_ET life! Hey, that's pretty good!

Conclusions:
SLEEP- We don't have any early plans for the weekend, so I should be able to sleep well the next couple nights.
WATER- I've got to take it with me if I know I'll be out of the house a lot.
EATING- I might need to use Lose it! (iphone app) to help me track my eating while out of the house. However, that's a calorie-counting program; it's different from my SWEET Life program, which focuses on nutritional variety. Yes, I long for a SWEET Life iphone app! Any iphone app developers out there?!
EXERCISE: I'd really like to go running along the beach and get some consistent, endurance cardio.
TRANQUILITY: The weekend is family time; I should be able to get plenty of Tranquility the next couple of days. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment