Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy SWEET New Year!

Happy New Year! It's time to start fresh with the SWEET Life. Start "fresh?" What was "spoiled" about yesterday's SWEET Life? Anyway, how'd I do today?

Sleep
Ah, to sleep in! Actually, I was woken up by Zoe, but at least it wasn't until 6:30, rather than her usual 3:30! I didn't intend to stay up until midnight last night and went to bed around 11:30, so that makes 7 hr. Good for me! A good start!

Water
I'm being very conscientious about drinking a lot of water today because I drank a lot of champagne yesterday. So, I'm 2 for 2: Sleep & Water.

Eating
Despite intentions of eating well today, it didn't happen, unfortunately. Not a good start to the year. We met the family for Chinese dim sum, which is typically oil, refined grains (noodles & rice) and meat. I never think of it as healthy. Always lacking in veggies. Then, later this afternoon, I totally pigged out on snacks leftover from our New Year's Eve party! I'm not usuallly like that, but I had pita chips and potato chips until I was sick from the salt. Then I ate baby veggies to make up for the unhealthy stuff, but then I ate brownies & cheesecake for my "snack dessert!" No wonder why I wasn't hungry for dinner! Oh, horrible! I'll focus on healthy eating tomorrow.

Exercise
I planned not to exercise today because it was a holiday. At the same time, there's nothing special about today that would prevent me from exercising. In any case, I've exercised the past 3 days in a row and had planned to skip today, so I did.

Tranquility
Ah, tranquility . . . Yes, I got some nice tranquility today, taking a nap, watching the Rose Bowl, reading the paper, etc. Also, Nick cleared out our office and it's very nice to have an uncluttered space around my desk. It should always be this way, but things creep in and eventually cover all horizontal spaces. Having it cleared off adds to the tranquility of my work space.

How did I do, and how do I feel?
Today, I had a SW_ _T Life.
Well, my tummy feels like it's been abused, but otherwise, I look forward to a great 2008. I want this to be the year of the SWEET Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment