Sunday, January 13, 2008

Time Dilemmas

Sleep
Does it count if I don't sleep 7-8 hours but I wake up feeling refreshed? Compare that to the opposite: trying to sleep 8 hours but being constantly interrupted and waking up feeling like I needed four more hours of sleep! And there you have my last two nights of sleep, in opposite order. Strangely, after not sleeping well at all Friday night, I'm surprised that I was able to stay up so late (watching a DVD) last night and that I woke up so early feeling refreshed! So, I'm going to count last night as a good night's sleep, even though it wasn't 7-8 hours. That gives me a pitiful total of 3 full nights of sleep this week!

Water
The last two days I haven't been drinking enough water. Yesterday, I hardly drank anything until noon! Today, I filled my pitcher first thing and am going to make sure to drink my two quarts so that I reach my weekly goal of 5 days of good hydration.

Eating
Yesterday, I also didn't eat anything until noon, when, of course, I was starving. All afternoon I felt like I could never get enough to eat, so I constantly wanted to eat more. Bad, bad, bad! All I really needed to do was to have eaten some breakfast so that I had some fuel to burn in the morning. That would have kept my energy, hunger, insulin and blood sugar levels all in check for the morning, and lunch would have replenished me for the afternoon. Today I need to eat healthily in order to reach my goal of 5 days of healthy eating this week.

Exercise
I am refocused and re-energized to exercise routinely again. I did skip Thursday, knowing I would exercise on Saturday. I did cardio at the gym on M, W, F and did toning exercises at home Tuesday. Saturday, I walked to the gym and a little beyond, did toning exercises there, and ran home. I'm 5 for 5 this week, so today is a day off.

Tranquility
Yesterday, after my horrible night's rest, I got tranquility in the form of a big fat nap, alone in my bed (i.e., no kids taking up space!). I also got a little time to myself (<30 min) before Zoe woke up from her nap. So far, I'm 6 for 6 this week on Tranquility. I also had a date with a group of friends and no kids. It was great to be able to talk to these friends without being interrupted by children's needs/demands!

How did I do, and how do I feel?
Yesterday, I had only a _ _ _ ET Life.
I feel busy, like I'm not getting enough work done. I'm living a pretty SWEET Life, but I need to be spending time on both the SWEET Life website and preparing my ESL class to teach at Chabot College.,I haven't been spending enough time on either of those things because they require chunks of time (1 hr+), which is harder to find than small bursts of time (5-30 min). There are just too many things that I want to do and not enough time to do all of them. I think most people would forgo the SWEET Life because of work, but living the SWEET Life is the foundation of my life to which I add other things.

No comments:

Post a Comment