Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The Light at the End of the Tunnel

Sleep
I have not been sleeping enough the past few nights, again. This time was a different story, though. I had a lot going on yesterday, Jan. 22, so I lost some sleep Sunday and Monday preparing for the day. Because of that, I was really tired yesterday and drank a lot more caffeine than usual, which caused me not to sleep well last night! Aargh! I'm being more conscientious of my caffeine intake today so that I can sleep well tonight.

Water
Like I said above, I drank a lot of caffeine yesterday, three drinks instead of my usual one to two. I did, also, drink ample water though.

Eating
I'm trying to be more conscientious about eating a healthy balance; some days I don't know if I eat enough veggies. We ate both salad and snap peas for dinner last night, so that helped.

Exercise
I forced myself to exercise today, despite being tired, because I had skipped both Monday and Tuesday. I don't like to skip two days in a row, and I certainly do everything possible not to skip three days in a row. So I did an easy cardio workout while half-asleep at the gym. And some abs; I always need to do abs.

Tranquility
Yesterday was Zoe's 2nd b-day, so after my busy morning and before my busy evening, I had a fun, relaxing afternoon with Zoe, Maya and Nick. Of course, Zoe was napping for part of that time, which gave me a chance to check email and the like.

How did I do, and how do I feel?
Yesterday, I had a _ WE_T Life.
There were three things that I'd been working towards all month, and they all took place yesterday. I had a Moms In Business meeting, and I wanted to have my website online for it (livingthesweetlife.net). I started teaching an ESL (English as a Second Language) class at Chabot College, so I needed to prepare for it. And it was Zoe's 2nd birthday, which meant that I wanted to be fully prepared for the other things so that I could enjoy her birthday without being distracted. They all took place and everything went very smoothly because I was well prepared. I'm very excited and motivated about all three things, in fact. Now, I can get around to doing everything I've left to the wayside for the past week or so!

No comments:

Post a Comment