Wednesday, February 4, 2009

January Accomplishments & February SWEET Life

The last week of January, I did well in accomplishing my January goal of accomplishing something every day, by accomplishing 14 things, none of which were particularly interesting to write about, but it always feels good to cross things off my list. Sometimes I get bogged down in the daily stuff to do around the house, so I have to catch myself and remember to also complete one-time-things that I can cross off forever!

I also started living the SWEET Life again this past week. I did well on living the S__ET life. I Slept well 6 nights; I Exercised 5 times during the week so that I didn’t have to think about it on the weekend; and I had Tranquil, fun, restorative time every day. However, I didn’t pay attention to my Eating or drinking Water. Most days I could just say, “I don’t know” whether I ate a balanced, healthy diet. But Friday & Superbowl Sunday I definitely did not eat well.

Tracking food intake is always such a drag! Whether it’s writing down everything eaten or just checking off quantities of the major food groups; it always seems to be a drag. Would an Iphone application for that be helpful? Sometimes I think yes, and sometimes no. It takes all day to track food intake; little nibbles are difficult to assess (I guess the idea is to stop eating the little nibbles); and some foods overlap categories and are more difficult to track. Humbug! However, it does make a big difference in weight loss. People who track calories meticulously always lose more weight. Anyone have any ideas how to make it less painful? Anyone know any good websites for tracking food intake?

No comments:

Post a Comment