Monday, November 24, 2008

Big Weight Loss Goal --- End of Week 3

I’m happy with my results at this point: I’ve lost a total of 6 lbs and am back at my previous weight. I like to jump on the scale often to make sure it’s real and not a one time fluke.  I feel leaner and tighter, especially in the legs; it must be all that Gliding (http://www.glidingdiscs.com/ ). Also, my clothes fit better; it’s nice to have a little breathing room in my clothes! However, I am still squishy around the middle; I try to hide that by wearing a bulky belt to smooth out the silhouette from my muffin tops to my hips. Ah, the little tricks we use! Any other suggestions, besides Spanx (http://www.spanx.com/home/index.jsp )?

Despite what I said I would do, I didn’t keep good track of my calorie intake last week. I only wrote down breakfast Monday, and all day Thursday and Friday. I usually kept track in my head for most of the day, but forgot by dinnertime. However, I only ate 800-900 calories during the day, so I didn’t need to worry too much about what I ate for dinner; I just tried to keep the portions controlled. BTW, if you need a user-friendly calorie counter (to find out the calories of foods you don’t know), try this one: http://caloriecount.about.com/

I exercised a lot last week: 6 days, partly because I’m practicing Gliding in order to teach the class.

So what now? I’ve reached my weight goal, but not my lack-of-squishiness goal. Thanksgiving is Thursday, and there’s one more week in the month. I guess I’ll continue the same through the end of the month while starting to think about a goal for December. With the holidays upon us, what’s a realistic, achievable goal for December? Maintenance only? Exercising despite the cold, dark weather? Not overindulging at holiday parties?

No comments:

Post a Comment