I’m having all my Personal Training clients set one-month goals, so I am too. My problem is that my goal since May -- to fit into all my clothes again – has become stale, so I set a new goal: to exercise 5 times a week, including abs. I’ve been good at 3-4 times a week, but that 5th day is a really tough one. That used to be a habit; now it’s a goal!
Steps to achieving my goal: Figure out a 30-60 min. time each day to do it!
1. Monday, 30-45 min. of cardio + abs after my shift at HBC: 9:00 p.m.
2. Tuesday & Thursday, 30-40 min. of toning exercises at either 6:30 a.m. (if I sleep well) or at 11:00 a.m. (before I take a stretch class at noon).
3. Wednesday, 30-40 min. of running at 6:30 a.m. If not, 9:00 p.m. cardio, after my shift.
4. Friday, 30 min. of cardio either before or after I teach Aqua Aerobics at 10:30
5. If I skip a weekday, this weekend I’ll make-up that damn 5th day.
Obstacles to achieving my goal are:
1. Lack of a regular exercise schedule
2. Chaotic sleep pattern (depending on whether my kids wake up during the night)
3. Toddlers to raise alone 11 hr/day
Ways to work around the Obstacles:
1. Plan when the best time will be each day, being flexible
2. Either push through the fatigue or have alternate exercise times planned
3. Tu, Th, F put the girls in the HBC Childcare Center while exercising there