Friday, February 1, 2008

The Culminaton of Living the SWEET Life

Boy, the month flew by quickly! I tallied up how much I lived the SWEET Life in January 2008, and the results are:
  • Sleep: 22
  • Water: 27
  • Eating: 21
  • Exercise: 20
  • Tranquility: 29
My goal was not every day; it was 70%, which is 21-22 days out of the month, so I achieved my goal! Of course, the real question is how do I look and feel? Well, I've been living the SWEET Life for a long time, so I'm not expecting to see any changes. I still feel healthy, fit, well-rested, relaxed, etc.

However, I have been thinking lately about how I used to feel, before I was living the SWEET Life. I remember when I had body issues and thought, "if I were only 10 lb. lighter . . ." I remember having "fat" clothes and "skinny" clothes. I remember believing I had to live on exercise and salads in order to stay skinny. I remember when I was always hunched over from fatigue. I remember when my shoulders were always scrunched up to my ears due to stress. Yes, hunched and scrunched! I also remember, at the time, wondering what I would spend my time worrying about if I didn't spend so much time worrying about my body.

Now, of course, I'm so thankful that I don't have to waste my time worrying about my body or my health. I put on whatever clothes I grab from my closet because all of them fit. Whenever I weigh myself, the scale says the same number I always want it to say. I eat whatever I want; however, I've come to realize that "whatever I want" tends to be balanced and nutritious. Although there are still days when my sleep is interrupted, I generally get enough sleep and feel rested. Lastly, my shoulders are down and back in place because I am relaxed and tranquil.

Ah, here's to living the SWEET Life! May it allow us all to find other things to worry about!

No comments:

Post a Comment