Here’s the breakdown:
- · Monday: 35 min. cardio at the gym after my shift at 9 p.m., plus 15 min. of abs & stretching.
- Tuesday: 30 min. of toning exercises from a magazine after a stretch class
- Wednesday: same as Monday
- Thursday: 30 min. of toning exercises from a magazine first thing in the morning
- Friday: swam 50 laps (30 laps freestyle, 20 laps kicking) after teaching Aqua Aerobics
The swimming was easier than I had anticipated. I don’t swim laps often, and the last time I did (last month?) I had a hard time swimming 10 laps non-stop. This time I did it more easily, so that’s good.
So how do I feel? Well, not any stronger or slimmer or more fit. In the last two weeks, when I’ve exercised 5x/wk., I’ve gained 2 lb., feel the same, and my clothes fit the same. L Not encouraging. But I have to keep up the faith that things will change in the long run. Two weeks isn’t long enough to achieve any fitness goal; I need to give it at least a month. I only feel a small sense of accomplishment at achieving my weekly goal. Beyond that, I have to know that I have had “invisible” improvements.